Preparing for the event
- We recommend using our bespoke educational resources for preparatory or follow-up activities on our speaker’s family history or the Holocaust more widely. Do contact G2G if you would like suggestions on how to use these.
- You may wish to invite the students to prepare questions to the speaker in advance.
- Please let the speaker know the students’ level of prior knowledge of the Holocaust.
- You will receive a digital copy of the PowerPoint presentation and the speaker will also prepare it on a memory stick to bring on the day. Please discuss alternative arrangements with the speaker.
On the day
- The speaker will arrive at least 20 minutes in advance, unless agreed otherwise.
- The speaker will stay on for Q&A if your timetable allows.
- You can expect a well-presented, engaging presentation focussing on one family story, placed in its historical and regional context, and appropriate for your group.
- We would love to receive feedback from the students; ideally they should note their comments straight after the talk. Feedback forms can be filled in here or downloaded and then returned to our bookings coordinator.